2021 Computer Club Meeting Schedule
Tuesdays at 10:30am in the Activity Room
- June 8 - First meeting will include registration, intro to our club and a survey of interests. The program will start with a demo on how to create a Windows Restore Point, and Apple's "Time Machine". Then “How Wearable Technology will Improve Your Health in 2021” by Ron Brown who is a retired doctor. He shares about current and upcoming watches that not only do cardiac monitoring but will soon monitor your blood sugar! Following will be examples of devices, capabilities and costs.
- June 15 - “Security 2021” by Bob Gostischa - an enthusiastic IT security expert, most notably for Avast; the creator of Avast Antivirus software. Bob has been helping with security-related and general computer issues since 2004. He will be using Zoom to give his presentation. Afterwards, he will field your questions.
- June 22 - “Staying Connected While You Travel” by Ron Brown who is a nationally known speaker, hosting the weekly online “Tech for Seniors.” He will be sharing with us via Zoom how we can safely stay connected to family and friends even when traveling. Then Ron will available to answer questions and concerns.
- June 29 - Gadget Jam – an informal session where you can bring your devices (iPhone, Android phone, tablet, or iPad), ask questions & get answers, or share what you’ve learned. Join us for some fun as we help each other learn and get more comfortable with our devices.
July & August (TBD)
- “How to Play Online Board Games with Tabletop Simulator” by John & Christopher Kennedy
- PC Simplicity's Kasey Lyons here in Prescott Valley
- Saving $$$ on printer inks
- Computer Maintenance Apps